How to get an internet girlfriend Part 1*

*Please note picture above is not an accurate representation of my level of maturity or how live my life.

Ingredients
  • One 50-meter long network cable. (**$50 bucks)
  • 25 meters of poly pipe tubing ($10 bucks)
  • 2 meters of electrical conduit ($5 bucks)
  • 1 Network card ($25)
  • 1 Computer (I already had this)
  • A knowledge of Computers (and willingness to learn more)

Procedure

  1. Install network cable from parents house to your home computer (50 meters away in a different house).
  2. Run cable through electrical conduit wherever cable is under ground for safetly and legality.
  3. Run though poly tube above ground wherever possible (and it’s cheaper).
  4. Get really dusty and dirty crawling under the house in very confined space. (bonus for grey snot).
  5. Connect up and you're ready to…
  6. Start Blog (promote blog wherever possible)

NB. if you already have a connection you have no excuse... skip this step move to Part 2


**All costings are approximate and in Australian dollars.

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said... 8/25/2006 3:45 pm  

nice pic Mike - nerdy but nice :)

Anonymous said... 8/25/2006 5:06 pm  

I eagerly await the next installment!

Anonymous said... 8/25/2006 9:02 pm  

Hey, you even spell "metres" in american!

Anonymous said... 8/25/2006 10:01 pm  

You know you two don't have to post the exact same thing from opposite viewpoints every time you make a post right?

Bron, maybe he wasn't meaning distance... perhaps the cable passed through a large number of meters, each measuring the amount of data passed through. I can't, for the life of me, imagine why you would do that, but it is a justification nonetheless.

:{P>

(That's me sticking my tongue out - you can tell by the goatee)

Anonymous said... 8/25/2006 11:56 pm  

Hmmm american auto spell checker in word for mac... but it down to my wonderful education or lack there-of.

As for the exact thing... I think Christine linked me cause she feels sorry I have about half the readership for my blog.

Anonymous said... 8/25/2006 11:57 pm  

Paw me...

Anonymous said... 8/26/2006 12:05 am  

even better: get your parents to install wiFi, then "borrow" their wiFi key ;-)

Anonymous said... 8/26/2006 1:29 am  

Hooray for Mike!

Post a Comment