Moore Updates

I spent a whole afternoon yesterday with Seumas. We just sat there and did nothing… for a whole afternoon. Well that’s not entirely true we talked and picked over the carcass of a loaf of bread. We also did a Thai lunch and were honored with the presence of Lisa (a good friend of Seumas’). I shouted the lunch which contrary to the popular cynicism of my brother wasn’t a ploy to impress Seumas’ said friend.

Sitting in Seumas’ room I got more of an appreciation for life at Moore College. It seems less kinda scary and something I’d be more prepared to do. I could see myself sitting in one of those small slightly dingy boyish smelling rooms with my Mac book listening to music and reading Christian books. Heck there’s even a wicked coffee place nearby where I could go and pretend to be arty.

supportMIKE thinks maybe he can fast track MTS (only do it for one year) and then move up here to study @ Moore, get a part time job as youth worker in one of the local churches… heck even marry one of the locals… hmm… maybe not.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said... 7/02/2006 1:05 am  

I didn't initially want to do MTS, but instead go straight to college. I'm glad I changed my mind.

Anonymous said... 7/02/2006 11:14 am  

i told you ... keep your options open ...

Anonymous said... 7/02/2006 4:48 pm  

Yeah, don't look too far ahead, none of us can know what God has in store for us.

Luke and I are going straight to college, but hopefully luke can do some kind of part-time internship on the way...

Anonymous said... 7/03/2006 12:42 am  

Cool Mike, you can come to our church now you know a few people...

Anonymous said... 7/03/2006 10:32 am  

yep you can come to CIM, good to meet you for reals last night ;) Hope you had fun and enjoyed the awesome talk by SamR....

Anonymous said... 7/03/2006 10:55 am  

which coffee shop did you go to, SamR showed me a great one on Newtown, meant to be the best coffee around..

Anonymous said... 7/03/2006 11:03 am  

Heya Mike
was great to meet you last night..
I still find it amazing, this blog world..

Anonymous said... 7/03/2006 12:36 pm  

Parroting Dusk: it was great to meet you last night and if I knew how to do italics in html I would place emphasis on the 'was'. As it is, you'll just have to imagine it....

Anonymous said... 7/03/2006 3:24 pm  

Mike, tell us about CIM...

Anonymous said... 7/03/2006 3:42 pm  

Yes Mike - and don't worry that all the people you met there (including Dominic) will be reading your comments... ;-)

Post a Comment