The CIM experience

I was struggling to succinctly describe CIM in words till this afternoon during a conversation with a friend…

Friend: It’s just like Crossroads only less punk
Me: More polished
Friend: Yeah
Perhaps this will tell you more about Crossroads than CIM. In all seriousness I really enjoyed attending CIM. Sam preached a great talk from Judges looking at Gideon. I think he picked the key idea well (God’s sovereign control over circumstances) and I also second guessed his cross references in 1 and 2 Corinthians (applying to God using Christian weakness).

The vibe was friendly and upbeat and people most welcoming. I really enjoyed briefly meeting Christine, Ray, Hannah, Sam R, Ruth, Nixter and Craig and others (whose real names unfortunately are lost in the vast space between my ears). I would have loved to have spent more time hanging around chatting but I had to get my beauty sleep.

It’s time’s like these that make me happy, joyful as Christian… I’m happy that I can fly to another place far away from my home be welcomed to celebrate with my brothers and sisters. The best part is knowing I’ll get to spend forever with them some day.

supportMIKE is happy.

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said... 7/03/2006 6:43 pm  

Was nice to have you with us - sorry we couldn't do the pub afterwards.

Look forward to having you with us again in January...

Anonymous said... 7/03/2006 6:57 pm  

Glad to hear you are having a good time, Mike. Was it surreal to meet people you'd only known online? I know the feeling of joy that comes from meeting with Christians in other places and knowing the same Holy Spirit is working in them! There is sometimes an instant bond. Praise God for the unity we have in Him.

Anonymous said... 7/03/2006 7:06 pm  

Mike, you forgot to mention the cage-fighting...

Anonymous said... 7/03/2006 7:22 pm  

Craig:
Don't tell me Mike tried to cage fight you too.

You can't take him anywhere.


Mike:
I'm happy that your holidays are going so well :)

Anonymous said... 7/03/2006 7:44 pm  

Glad to hear it was a positive experience mike and a shame I didn't get to meet you...but happy to hear it was great!

Anonymous said... 7/03/2006 11:17 pm  

Mike great to meet you at 'the welcome lounge' (I was the obsessed whitlam's fan).

Anonymous said... 7/04/2006 2:08 am  

Yea! I love meeting brothers and sisters from around the world. But more often than not they have come to me, rather than me go to them. My church back home has the priviledge of calling men, women, and children from all over the world family. They've even recently bought a wee little garden house that they call "the Village" to share with everyone. Sometimes the family from Malaysia will be there barbequeing and then a group of our African students might show up a bit later to join them followed by a German couple or a brother from Sri Lanka.

But the times that I *have* randomly met a Christian there was that instant bond of kinship.

I *LOVE* God's family!

keep us posted about the kids camp. If the kids treat you anything like they do me (the "giraffe"), I reckon they'll use you more as a piece of playground equipment than anything else. Builds muscles in the arms!

Anonymous said... 7/04/2006 5:40 am  

BLEH!!!

i just threw up all over a digital photo advertisement masquerading as a barf bag.

;0

thanks, WF

Anonymous said... 7/04/2006 9:51 am  

Glad you had a great time, was good to meet you, shame we all didn't get to hang out longer but maybe next time..

Anonymous said... 7/04/2006 2:14 pm  

Chrstine, you have a very low shmaltz tolerance, I like that in an american... :)

Oh, can I come visit your church and stay in the village? Do you need a librarian?

Glad you had fun Mike, look forward to a more detailed run-down in person when you get back in to the groove. Prepare for the tassie cold. Its confirmed in the paper to be the coldest and dryest in a while..

Anonymous said... 7/04/2006 4:36 pm  

Hey Mike! How did you get that, 'links you should visit' and 'friends blogs' on your site?

Anonymous said... 7/04/2006 5:02 pm  

I can do it cause I'm magical... if you private message me on my email address (see my profile) or add me to msn or google chat if you have it I'd be happy to help...

Post a Comment