Window cleaning FAQ #3

That last post my prompt you to wonder why is it that I work as window cleaner?
After all Jolly you do have two University Degrees and are a fully qualified teacher.

I finished my teaching degree on Uni in 2004. This was a difficult year for me as I had some difficult circumstances arise. Suffice to say I struggled through and managed to graduate. I decide to get a part time job to get me though Summer and into 2005. I sort of stumbled into window cleaning. My boss was awesome (a Christian elder of Hope Christian Centre) and the work wasn’t too bad. I decided to stick with it for a year part-time in a sort of tent making form of paid ministry. I’m still going.

I currently work Monday to Wednesday every week. I then take Thursdays off as my Sabbath before going hardcore on church work on Friday to Sunday. But why not teaching you ask? Isn’t it a waste we need more male teachers blah blah...

It’s simple. Full time teaching would have required all of my time. This practically meant I would have to give up much of the ministry I so love at Crossroads. I made the decision to stick with ministry and make working fulltime for church my goal. This was to happen last year but I decided to push tent making out to another year while I could still hack it. And work hard at growing and maturing as a Christian.

I’m also keen to work with University age students before I get older, uncool and loose touch with much of youth culture. Teaching is something I can come back to when I need to settle down get married and have kids etc. For now I’m making the most of the single life working hard in ministry.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said... 6/07/2006 11:33 pm  

Ah... So you are cool and in touch now are you?

Anonymous said... 6/08/2006 11:57 am  

I've always wanted to ask FAQ #3 but I've been too scared. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Anonymous said... 6/08/2006 7:39 pm  

I didn't think I was that scary... I thought I was quite nice. You on the other hand are quite scary ;)

Post a Comment