Window cleaning FAQ #1

It’s a chilly Hobart morning and my hands feel like they’ve been in the deep freeze over night. I’m working on windows of Chickenfeed (ironically my old place of work). I like cleaning these windows they’re easy and you always get a great result.

“So what do you put in the water?” the lady asks uncertainly. Maybe she feels a little intimidated by the black beanie atop my six foot muscular frame.

I take a deep breath. If had a dollar for every person that asked me this I would have been able to retire from this job long ago. In fact I could move to Jamaica and spend the rest of my days sipping pina-coladas served to me by bikini babes on the beach...

“It’s just dishwashing liquid and little bit of ammonia.” I reply as politely as one can, when they have answered the same question a thousand times.

“When I clean mine at home they always have smears,” she replies looking unconvinced by my explanation. Again I’ve had this conversation a thousand times. “That’s because you aren’t a professional,” I reply cheekily with a slight twinkle in the eye. “I mean if you could do as good a job as me, I’d be out of business.”

She looks at my bucket of soapy water a half smile begins to creep over the sleep lines in her face. “Actually" I say my brain clicking into gear, "it’s probably got more to do with the right tools and good technique both of which I have in abundance”.

I give her a business card hopefully we’ll meet again.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment