How much is too much?

I’m outside a HUGE house located in one of Hobart’s most exclusive suburbs to quote for a window clean. The house is positively intimidating. I feel like a booger on a freshly ironed clean white hanky. I take a deep breath and begin my calculations.

The house is spotless, from the immaculately kept garden to the recently renovated everything. I continue my walk ascending several levels with smaller entertainment and living areas. Just as I think I’m about lost I reach the Mother of all entertainment areas with a 25m swimming pool. This is easily one of the biggest jobs/houses I’ve ever seen.

(not actual house but about same size)

I charge the most amount I can then add a little extra just because I can. Perfectly calmly I knock on the door. I used to worry about telling customers big quotes. Not anymore. I’m a hardened professional.

“Hi” I say smiling. “That will be $630 to do the inside and out,” I say casually. To lessen the blow I break it into two small bite sized chunks for easy digestion. “It’ll be $420 dollars for the house area and another $210 if you’d like the pool entertainment area done as well.” The ladies perfectly plucked eyebrows don’t even move.
“We’ll have the house area done for a start and maybe the whole lot in another six months,” She says shortly with out even a blink “When can you do it?”
Damn I should have charged $700.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment