5 year Plan Part 2

It was asked with regard to my 5 year plan (see here) why I wouldn’t do ministry in a secluded area on my own. Don't I think that I can rely on God to give me the strength I need? It’s a good question. There is no doubt that a single person can often be particularly effective in ministry (1 Cor 7:32). However for me personally I think the answer is no for a number of reasons.

Firstly in an isolated ministry location on my own I’d probably end up going insane. I’m a person who thrives on relationships but I get burned out as many of my friends can testify to. Having the support of another person for this type of work is essential in my book. Secondly I also could argue biblically (see Gen 2:18). Thirdly I don’t think I have the gift of singleness and temptation is something that needs to be considered (1 Cor 7:9). And finally I really love kids and one day God willing I’d like some of my own.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said... 6/22/2006 9:14 am  

sounds like some wisdom there.

Anonymous said... 6/22/2006 11:43 am  

Makes sense to me....what about taking some other couples/families/friends with you as well?

Anonymous said... 6/22/2006 4:51 pm  

Good idea Ruth... first things first though ;)

Anonymous said... 6/23/2006 11:41 am  

Good reasons mate. Sounds like a plan...

Anonymous said... 10/03/2006 10:11 am  

funny ... i like kids, too.

we have SO much in common!

(is that laying it on too thick?)

; )

Post a Comment