My 5 year plan

“Michael what are you going to do with your life?" Says my Dad in serious voice. "You can’t walk round University like a monk for the rest of your life you know."
It’s a good question and one I have given thought to. Here is what I want to do with my life... Full time paid ministry. There are a number of options. This much is certain…

  • Currently Window Cleaning part-time self funded ministry down at the Uni and Xrds.
  • 2007 MTS working for the University Christian Group. (FOCUS)
  • 2008 MTS working for the University Christian Group (FOCUS)

Following this a little more hazy. My ideal situation would be…
2009-2011 Bible College either Moore or SMBC in Sydney.

And then on the proviso that I’m married…
2012 Fulltime Ministry Job working with under privileged Aboriginal Communities in rural New South Wales doing mission, evangelism and outreach. Coordinating local churches to follow up and pastor young Aboriginal Christians with the aim of raising up leaders. (Theoretically employed by the Reformed Church of Australia).

The other possibility is funding myself to do this through part-time work as a teacher, check-out chick, laborer, window cleaner, salesman, veggie picker, mechanic, journalist… (you name it I’ve done it).

That friends is my plan.
(NOTE picture not an actual plan of my life)

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said... 6/16/2006 8:41 pm  

I had a 5yr plan once. it did wonders for my life. it's gone a bit sideways at the moment, but that's okay.

There are serious advantages to being at college and being single. really.

seumas

Anonymous said... 6/19/2006 11:07 am  

What happens if you're not married? Do you still go work in the Aboriginal community? And why Aboriginal work?

Anonymous said... 6/19/2006 5:57 pm  

I'm reluctant to head out into to fulltime ministry without the support that I need from a partner. I know myself pretty well and I coudn't do it on my own.

Aboriginal work is something I have been involved in for about the last 7 years and was tied into my conversion to Christinaity. Stay tunned I'll blog about it soon.

Anonymous said... 6/20/2006 6:14 am  

I think the Aboriginal work sounds just wonderful! God will provide just what you need!

Anonymous said... 6/20/2006 3:49 pm  

Hmm as a woman thinking about full-time ministry I thought that was suppose to be my problem. Don't you think that you can rely on God to give you the strength you need. I agree it'll be really really difficult, but just something to think about .. more thoughts soon.

Anonymous said... 6/20/2006 9:57 pm  

Tahnks for your comment I'll try and post some thoughts soon.

Anonymous said... 6/22/2006 8:56 pm  

Aboriginal communities desperately need people that understand them, your plan sounds wonderful! God bless you and them.

Anonymous said... 7/02/2006 8:54 pm  

hi, i'm actually reading ur blog which u spend way too much time on! i think its really bad 4 u mike... its endangering ur health although i have expressed this 2 you personally. seumas too... there is a WORLD out there! haha:D

Post a Comment