Tim and the Slater collection

This is my friend Tim.

Tim is a top bloke. We used to flat together up at “The Castle” a famous Crossroads share house that I ran for about 5 years.

Our house had several famous infestations including scorpions, slugs and slaters. Tim and I were famous for starting a collection of live slaters in a small jar in my bedroom*. Here is what one looks like.

The problem was that as the slaters died and smelt really bad. We had to throw them out. It was a sad day we were hoping to give them to our landlord to convince him that our house needed some work to stop the infestations. Slater collection and Tim supportMIKE salutes you.

* Disclaimer This was mostly my idea.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said... 8/16/2006 3:07 am  

Well mike, here in the states we don't call those slaters, they are known here as Rolly-Pollies because they make themselves into little balls...It is cool to learm a new name for them though...I used to have a 'slater' collection too.

Anonymous said... 8/16/2006 9:04 am  

Sharehouse that you ran?

Anonymous said... 8/16/2006 9:10 am  

My big life plan is to one day build a house that is completely spider- and scorpion-proof. :)

(Yay, finally logged onto Blogspot!)

Anonymous said... 8/16/2006 10:09 am  

we call them woodlice in England ;)

Anonymous said... 8/16/2006 6:25 pm  

Anon... I'm not sure who you are but I was the one who stayed there from the begining to the end. I would say that "ran" is the right word for it. :)

Anonymous said... 8/16/2006 8:13 pm  

I used to try and force slaters open when they would curl into a ball. I didn't like it when they did this, I thought they were being snoby. Just curling up and not letting me play with them. Then I would get angry with them and throw them miles away.

Post a Comment