Busy...

It has been a busy few days.
I spent Friday on the Reformed church Youth State Camp. I’m doing some talks at an Evangelistic camp later in the year so I gave that camp a good plug.

Saturday my mate Andy from the UK got married.


Amy & Andy A couple of his mates have been staying with us Vikki and Liam from Guilford.

Vikki

Liam
I spent most of my time at the reception goofing around practicing my English accent with words like “chav”, “chavette” and “pikey”. Gwyd helped me to being too silly although...

Gwyd

Most notably my Dad retired on Sunday morning. He’s worked as an Anglican Pastor for the last 30 years. We’ve lived here in Tassie for the last 13 years and he has served as the pastor at St Georges Anglican Church Battery Point.

Church

My Mum

My Dad

I found the service slightly depressing as my Mum and Dad and I don’t exactly see eye to eye theologically speaking. Sunday arvo I spent talking with Christine which was then followed by church and sleep. This evening I spent down at the pub with a few of the English dudes talking "football" and all things British.

(Update internet has been down most of week new pics added)

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said... 8/01/2006 2:14 am  

whatever, Mike. From the pics I saw it looked as if Gwyd was causing some mischief, himself.

Anonymous said... 8/01/2006 10:17 am  

will have to hear if that English Accent is any good old chap.

Anonymous said... 8/01/2006 11:58 am  

Sounds good mate. Despite your differences, praise God for the faithful service of your Dad. I hope his retirement goes well.

Anonymous said... 8/03/2006 8:09 am  

Mike's internet is down. He doesn't know how long it's going to be for it to be back up.

Anonymous said... 8/03/2006 1:08 pm  

I hope it comes back soon. I miss his comments! And it would be nice for him to read your side of the story!

Anonymous said... 8/04/2006 4:35 pm  

Mike you are a Pikey ;)

Anonymous said... 8/06/2006 3:31 pm  

who's that well-cute chav with the bottle of wine?

essex girl ;)

Anonymous said... 8/06/2006 11:57 pm  

I think it's your cuz, essexxx girl. ;)

Post a Comment