Awkward... (Part 2)

“Can I help you?” she asks. What the heck does she think I’m there for? I’m wearing steel caps and a belt fuller of tools than Inspector Gadget.
“Ummm” I stutter tongue tied... “I’m here to pick up money.” I vague out.
She looks at me blankly…
“Sorry for the windows.” I say snapping back to attention. Get a grip man.
“Sure she says I’ll just grab it.
“Have you had a busy day?” She asks. Now I’m really rattled I just want to escape and she’s engaging me in conversation.
“Um… yeah not too bad,” I squeak. Yeah man real smooth.
“Thanks” she says smiling and handing me the money. I can’t even look her in the eye.
“Arr… Have a good morning” I say. “I mean um… evening… er” I splutter out.

It’s about 2pm in the afternoon. You idiot.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said... 6/15/2006 10:12 am  

LOL Classic.

Anonymous said... 6/16/2006 3:32 am  

i've gotten over my awkwardness talking to hot guys. i guess maybe i'm so stuck in my Singleness state of mind that i don't think about it. i just treat everyone like a human.

that being said however, if i were in your situations ... yeah, i'd be freakin' nervous, as well.

Anonymous said... 6/16/2006 1:53 pm  

Very awkward, but a good story to tell

Anonymous said... 6/16/2006 3:19 pm  

ROFL!!!

You should have said "So, how do you go about getting a job here..?"

Post a Comment