Why add me as a friend?

I've been wondering what policy should I have with accepting friend requests on facebook? I had a totally random guy from Sydney add me simply because I'm a member of a group that listens to Mark Driscoll.

i'm a pastor in sydney...married, 3kids...i started listening to mark driscoll about 18months ago and was introduced to facebook about 6months ago...i went onto mark's fb friends and because he can't accept anymore friends i just started clicking at random...i figured it would be a cool place to meet other blokes who loved red meat, strong doctrine and ultimate fighting...no worries...
To accept or not to accept that is the question?

 

4 comments:

Jason said... 7/07/2008 4:25 pm  

Meh, why not.
I doubt you'll ever need to actually spend any time interacting with this guy. How many of your friends on your list do you reckon you actively send messages to?

Secondly, it will help towards your never ceasing goal of having more friends on Bookface than Christine :)

auschick said... 7/08/2008 2:46 am  

if you want to friend him, set up a limited profile and only show him that. but there are so many people who add people just so they can boost their friend count, that it gets a bit annoying. One person i didn't know, wanted me to be their friend because I was their brother's friend. "ignore request"

Justin said... 7/09/2008 11:05 pm  

What did you do?

My thought: do as you please. But I'd prefer unity around Jesus, not 'red meat, strong doctrine and ultimate fighting', or even a gifted preacher.

Choose Jesus, mate.

:)

Alan said... 7/11/2008 8:53 pm  

As long as his name isn't Andrew Bain I think you're safe enough.. ;)

Post a Comment