My brother Dave

Today is my little brother’s birthday. He’s 24. The two of us have been living together for about the last three years. We have the occasional personality clash and fight but all things considered we are pretty close.

He is very different to me. He is quieter almost shy, certainly less verbose and outgoing than I am. He is very hard working and has a keen eye for detail and observation. He has an amazing stick-ability with tasks. While I loose patience quickly and move on to the next thing, he will very carefully and meticulously accomplish the task.

He has always done better academically than I have. At school his TE score was so far above mine it wasn’t funny. Similarly at University when we undertook subjects together he’d always do slightly better. I’ve always been secretly jealous but admired this about him.
The thing that I most love about my brother is that he is a Christian. He worked really hard last year running a very difficult bible study group while working fulltime. Like me he has many struggles. Pressures at work and I think he is often under appreciated for the hard work that he does. Much respect to you Dave. Happy birthday.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said... 7/27/2006 4:37 pm  

Happy Birthday dave!

You forgot to mention his dry sense of humour. Dave is a funny guy. Your senses of humour as pretty different too.
the only thing I can't stand about Dave is when he calls himself a "Dumbass", I could slap him!!

Anonymous said... 7/27/2006 4:44 pm  

You must be kidding if you think that Dave is not verbose, I've never met anyone who could talk more! Dave is a great guy, extremely hard worker and solid reliable mate. Happy birthday Dave! And Mike, when are you going to set him up with a nice girl? Perhaps there might be on in the US...

Anonymous said... 7/27/2006 5:33 pm  

True Bren but it does take him a while to come out of his shell.

Anonymous said... 7/27/2006 5:58 pm  

Dave will find a Aussie chick. He would be too overwhelmed in the US with all the light switches they have. We usualy are content with the standard issue white plastic switches for any application. Not so in the US. Also in the US, they don't even have fixed lights in their lounge rooms. It's mood lighting all the way, all running off the power jack. Oh the excitement! Imagine the possiblities!

(Dave works in a lighting shop).

Anonymous said... 7/27/2006 9:25 pm  

Mike, you forgot to mention Dave is also the stronger of you two. Remember that time he put you in a headlock and made you eat crumbs out of the cat dish. Funny for Dave, funny for us as well and funny for you...I guess it you found it pretty gross didn't you?

--Luke ;)

Anonymous said... 7/28/2006 1:03 am  

They were both even in a arm wrestle, although it may have been a setup. I would like to think I could beat them both.

Anonymous said... 8/05/2006 3:27 am  

Merrideth says that she wishes she could have been there for your birthday. hugs and kisses (from her ... not me.)

Post a Comment