Mixed Emotions

Today was a day of mixed emotions. I went to the funeral of my friend Frenchy. He was 21. I went to school with him and more recently spent time discussing Christianity and Philosophy. I guess I didn’t know him heaps well but I’m great mates with his brother.

I wore a suit and generally felt awkward. I lost count of the number of times I almost cried. It’s hard to find words to express or explain such a crap situation. Please keep his bro Dan and Clare (Dan’s fiancĂ©e) in your prayers.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said... 7/20/2006 10:35 pm  

I had no idea what was the correct thing to wear, so I just wore black. I think you wearing a suit was appropriate... but that's just my opinion.

(btw Frenchy was 21)

The talks were so moving. I couldn't cry in the service though.

Anonymous said... 7/20/2006 10:57 pm  

I had no idea about this - I'm sorry to hear this. May I ask what happened?

I'd never met Frenchy, but I had interacted with him on Stuph.

Anonymous said... 7/20/2006 11:23 pm  

As far as I know he died of an accidental drug over dose a couple of weeks ago.

Anonymous said... 7/21/2006 10:39 am  

mixed emotions? well, i hope that something happened to make you smile, today.

Anonymous said... 7/21/2006 2:17 pm  

I'm praying for you.

Anonymous said... 7/21/2006 2:45 pm  

praying Mike

Anonymous said... 7/21/2006 3:03 pm  

Prayers Mike. I didn't realise this was Dan's brother. How terrible.

Post a Comment