Never underestimate the power of smell

While looking on the back of my Lynx deodorant bottle this morning I noticed the following little picture (which I'll have to describe).

A small picture of shower and Lynx shower gel, a "plus" sign, a man spraying Lynx deodorant on, an "equals" sign and a girl in bikini icon with flowing hair.

I suddenly realised the problem. Clearly all this time I've been only wearing half the equation. I'm going to buy some of the shower gel this weekend. I'll keep you posted if anything happens.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said... 6/01/2006 11:58 pm  

is LYNX anything like AXE?

i remember two guy friends of mine chasing me around the store threatening to spray themselves with AXE ... c'mon, Christine ... you know you want to give in. Once we spray it, you'll have to give in!

That's when I tackled them and safely returned the deoderant bottle back to its place on the shelf.

Not today, boys.

"yield not to temptation, for yielding is sin. each victory will help you some other to win. fight manfully onward. dark passions subdue. Look ever to Jesus. He will carry you through."

---believe it or not ... that was my college's hymn ... it sort of sticks with you. if you knew my college, you would understand. a bunch of fundie legalists.

Anonymous said... 6/02/2006 10:07 am  

AXE would be the American equivalent. As for fundie legalists, I've been described as much in previous incarnations. Maybe I'd fit in nicely ;)

Anonymous said... 6/02/2006 12:26 pm  

yeah if you want to wear a tie and suit jacket to dinner everyday.

Anonymous said... 6/02/2006 12:28 pm  

Good thing gold rings on ones finger protects one from the power of the "Lynch" shower gel...
:)

Go get 'em tiger!

What about soccer Jolly? You are a good goalie, those long (sorry) arms go beyond the goal posts! And you're a pretty good mid-fielder too...

Anonymous said... 6/02/2006 2:31 pm  

LOL! Of course, it must be the other half of the equation!

Actually, maybe what they're getting at is more the fact that you do actually have to shower. That's right boys - deoderant is not merely enough.

Post a Comment