Cooking

Many people think the reason I eat rather poorly on occasion is that I'm a bad cook. This simply isn't true as the picture attached clearly shows. I can cook fairly well... well I cooked fried rice tonight not exactly rocket science. My big problem is that I find cooking depressing. Whenever I cook by the time the food is done, I just don't feel like eating it. I also I find it very frustrating and annoying to exert so much effort into something so trivial. On the other hand not eating properly contributes to my depression also. It's a no win situation.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said... 5/11/2006 2:02 pm  

Isn't it interesting that some people *love* cooking and other people can't stand it?... I wonder if it's a bit of a left/right brain thing. Maybe upbringing is the major decider. Obviously experience & confidence play some part... dunno.

Then there are the additional factors: other people in the kitchen; you're cooking for the Queen; etc...

PS. Nice blog Mike.

Anonymous said... 5/12/2006 12:51 pm  

you funny chook! I was washing the dishes the other day after cooking dinner and I had a "futile" moment.

But then I think, God made man to work the fields but the next day it needed to be done again.

Just like dishes and washing and cooking. The futility comes from the fall, not from the act.... :)

Anonymous said... 5/13/2006 12:08 am  

Exactly. All acts are futile if you look at them in this way. You have to enjoy cooking not only for its end but also for the process (otherwise you will become depressed).

Anonymous said... 5/13/2006 2:01 am  

Maybe it says more about my personality than my ability to cook.

Anonymous said... 5/13/2006 12:41 pm  

definately your personality...:)

Anonymous said... 10/03/2006 9:03 am  

our gastronomical philosophies are so radically different ... i'm sure, with time, you'll learn the joys of food preparation and consumption ... i look forward to being your teacher

Post a Comment